Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Seeing the Extraordinary in the Ordinary!

Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.” -1 John 4:18 (NLT)

Living your life without fear is easier said than done. Believe me. I KNOW I shouldn't live in fear about anything because my God is bigger than anything that could happen here on Earth. But sometimes, when things get tough, I forget. I get so wrapped up in myself and my own world that I forget that God knows what he is doing even in the scary times.

Now I'm not saying that I actually believe that God makes the scary, testing things happen. No way! My God isn't like that! I am just saying that God works even through those things. He can carry us through the hard times, through the scary times, through the worst times of our lives if only we would let him!

It's amazing to me to look around in those times and see him at work everywhere. He is even able to use YOU in those times! Most of the time he uses us without our even realizing it. I can't tell you the number of times that someone has done something or said something to me that has stuck with me in ways that they don't even see. I know they don't see it because they move on with life as though nothing extraordinary has happened at all! And in reality, they've just done something that has so affected me as to change my perspective from here out!

I would love to believe that maybe I've had that affect on people sometime or another but at the same time, I think that's why we move through life without realizing what God is doing through us. It keeps us humble.

So here's my challenge for you and me today: Let God use you in an unexpected way! Just don't expect to know that it happened. Hahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment