Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Blessing in Disguise!

You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. -John 14:13 (NLT)

This sweet little lady was used in a big way yesterday! Her name is Selah and she is just 3 weeks old. Isn't she gorgeous??

On my way to her house yesterday, I could feel the sadness and jealousy trying to take root in my heart. I begged God to take those feelings and help me to see the blessing in the day instead. And you know what? He did it!

I don't know why I'm surprised. He answers all of our prayers, though most of the time, he doesn't answer them in the way you'd expect.

I spent about 4 hours at my dear friends' house while my youngest babies napped upstairs with her other children. I think I got to hold Selah for almost 3 of those hours! And you know what I didn't do? I didn't feed her. I didn't change her diapers. I didn't do anything but breath in her wonderful baby scent and enjoy her.

And as my time with Selah drew to a quick close, I realized how truly blessed I am to have such a dear friend who would share her daughter with me like that. I also realized that if Shaun and I never have another baby of our own, it will be okay. God will bring me hidden blessings like yesterday and carry me through.

And you know what else? We have four kids already so odds are, I'm getting at least one grandbaby in the future!! And you better believe I'm going to be one involved, in-love grandma too!

So here's my challenge for you and me today: Instead of looking at everything through a negative filter today, see if you can find the hidden blessings in your day. I promise they're sprinkled everywhere if only you look for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment