Wednesday, March 7, 2012

He Knows Your Heart

“Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.” -Psalm 139: 23-24 (NLT)

In my own private conversations with God, when I'm in the midst of a struggle, I say the first part of this verse a lot. He knows my heart. He knows my longings and my struggles, my insecurities and my secret dreams. And if I'm paying attention, He even gives me moments throughout my life when he meets those and eases those for me.

When I went to Biblegateway.com this morning in search of a verse for inspiration for this morning's post, this was the verse of the day. And it called out to me to be written on. Because while I often tell God that he knows my heart, I don't usually add that I'd like him to test me or point out what I'm doing wrong. And obviously I should. But I'm human. I don't want to know that I'm not perfect (even though I honestly know it!).

This morning, I suppose what God is sharing with me is that the tests and trials in our lives are a wonderful opportunity to grow in Christ and draw closer to HIM. It's hard to see it when you're in the middle of an awful time in your life- a death in the family, trouble with the law, a battle with your children, divorce-but God can make beauty even from these awful things if you let him!

Here's my challenge for you and me this morning: Hand over your worries and concerns to God this morning and let Him shape them into something beautiful for you! God doesn't promise an easy, worry-free life when you follow him, but he does promise to always be there. Let HIM handle your toughest battles today!

No comments:

Post a Comment