Thursday, March 8, 2012

Beautiful Things

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts. -Isaiah 55:8-9

What did you imagine your life would be like when you grew up? When I pictured my own, I thought I'd be a mom to a lot of kids with a great husband and I'd probably be a teacher. Kindergarten, of course, because I thought they were cute back then. Lol.

Now, I think we've talked about how my life turned out differently (in a great way, by the way) than what I imagined in past posts, so I won't ramble on about that again now. But just know, I've had a LOT of bumps along my path to where I find myself now. And I have to say that God has done an amazing job making beauty from all of my nonsense. He's used some of my dumbest moments to make beautiful things.

And that reminds me of this awesome song that we often sing at church...sorry if you're struggling to follow my thought train this morning. I have a terrible cold and am all over the place!




I know that God will always do much more amazing things with my life than I can even imagine and yet, I continue to picture where I think it is going. I'm eager to see what he does with my life from here! Part of me wants to lay out my dreams for anyone who is still reading this, and the rest of me knows that isn't the purpose of this post.

The purpose of today's post is this: No matter where you are on your life's path, God is there with you guiding you and loving you. Listen to him! Lean into him! He will lead you through the good, the bad, the scary, the impossible. You might not be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but he can! Stay close to him while he works to make your ashes into something beautiful! You won't regret it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment