Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Crazy Worried

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens
when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. -Philippians 4:5-7

I'm worried today. A crazy kind of worried. There's no other way to describe it. You see, last Sunday, I got a text from one of my best friends telling me that she was at the hospital and they'd found a pulminary embolism. For those who don't know, that's a blood clot in her lung, which is a very serious condition that I've been told they often find to be a person's cause of death. She was extremely blessed that it was found. God was obviously watching over her.

The complicating factor in this case though, is that she is currently 38 weeks pregnant. And this is her fifth child, a dramatic daughter. That limits what they can do with her for the embolism AND how her delivery can go once she's in labor.

Because of all that goes along with a pregnant woman with a pulminary embolism, she will be induced today. I've been praying like a mad woman begging for comfort and health and strength and anything else I can think of on her behalf. And still I am worried.

But God has given me the verse from the top of this post to hang on to. I know, without any shred of a doubt, that he loves my friend even more than I do. I know that he is there with her even now, offering his strength and his comfort for her to lean in to.

So, do me a favor, when you're worried today, offer your worries up to God. Allow him the chance to take on your burden. You won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment