Saturday, October 27, 2012

To Worry, or Not to Worry...

He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us. -2 Corinthians 1:4 (MSG)

It seems that this year, my friends, my family, all of us, have been going through some hard times.  We've had deaths, losses, issues that seem like huge mistakes, illnesses, surgeries, and more...

And it's all God's stuff.  He doesn't want us holding it all on our own.  I was thinking about that as I drove home alone last night after dropping the oldest off at church for an all-nighter.  Thinking about all the junk going on, not only in my own life, but in the lives of my closest friends, I got a little overwhelmed at the thought of it all. How was I supposed to help them?  Wasn't there something I could do?

But I was, and still am, already doing it.  I gave it all over to God.  I prayed for all of us.  I continue to pray for all of us.  Now if I could only learn to leave all of those issues at His feet. I have a tendency to pick things up when I see something that reminds me of the current issue. I want to do the "human thing" and make it right my way in my time.

But I'm learning this year that my way isn't always the right way and my time isn't always the right time (yes, Shaun, you read that right). I've done my way in my time too much.  I want to live my life God's way in God's perfect timing. Sure, the two often seem to line up but there are other times when things come up that I want NOW. And NOW isn't always God's timing.

So, here's my challenge for you and me for the moment: Look for God's timing in what you want.  Ask Him if what you want lines up with what He wants for you right now and go from there. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment